I quit giving resolution updates several months back, but it seems appropriate to revisit them one more time before I move on to my resolutions for 2012. Resolution haters and cynics, move toward the exits now.
(you can read more about them by clicking the links)
1. I will age gracefully – This was a two-in-one resolution: to stop obsessing about how I look and to become a more grateful person. Giving thanks has become more habitual, and I seem to be less concerned with my appearance when I’m occupied with things that really matter to me (see resolution 3).
2. I will be a hugger – Success! My name is Sharon, and I am now a hugger.
3. I will further my education – I certainly took this one to heart. I’ve completed five modules in the course of study for ordination through Northwest Nazarene University, and I start three more next week.
4. I’m going on a media diet – Well, you win some, you lose some. Best laid plans and all that.
5. Death to the Crabby Mom – She’s not dead, exactly. But she’s wounded. Or chronically ill. Every day I have to clonk her on the head with a shovel and knock her back into her grave, though. She’s very stubborn, but I do like the atmosphere when she’s not around.
I also made a late resolution to post every day. It went swimmingly for a few months, and then…well, life was busy. WordPress tells me that I posted 173 new post in 2011. Not bad, on the whole.