I almost forgot about the quiz in this post. If I had a valuable cash prize I’d give it to my sister, who at least made an attempt.
Here are the answers:
1. Sosie Ruth – daughter of Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgwick. They’ve also got a son named Travis
2. Piper Maru – daughter of Gillian Anderson. Old “X-Files” geeks like myself know that this is the name of an episode of the show.
3. Harlow – daughter of Nicole Richie & Joel Madden
4. Apple & Moses – children of Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin
5. Wolfgang – son of Eddie Van Halen & Valerie Bertinelli
6. Coco – daughter of David Arquette & Courtney Cox
7. Scout, Rumer, & Tallulah – daughters of Bruce Willis & Demi Moore
8. Hazel & Phineas – Two of Julia Roberts’ three children (there’s also a Henry)
9. Moxie CrimeFighter – daughter of Penn Jillette. He’s got a son named, Zolten, too.
10. Rocket, Racer, Rebel, Rogue & Rihannon – children of director Robert Rodriguez
If I’d been a celebrity I wouldn’t have wasted that naming capital. I would have given my kids some celebrity-family-worthy names like Coffee and Western and Zither. Or maybe not. Perhaps not, if they still were still wearing “Autenrieth” as a last name. There really are a few unusual names that I wanted to use, but when you’ve got a long, difficult last name you have to take a certain amount of pity on your children. But so that you can mock me if you like, here are the top 5 unusual names I didn’t get to use (but still like). And if you think they’re odd, at least I wouldn’t choose Zuma Nesta Rock (like Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale did) or Bronx Mowgli (like Ashlee Simpson & Pete Wentz).