Today’s Post Dispatch includes an article on the movie quotes that have “made their way into everyday life”, which got me thinking about the movie quotes that I use most often. And given my fondness for both movies and quotes, that spun off into a long list which I pass on to you. I was going to add what movies they’re from, but if any of you are like me, you’d rather guess. In a day or two I’ll repost the list with the movie titles, but in the meantime, feel free to make your guesses (and share them with me!). Of course, you could just cheat and look them up on the internet, but where’s the fun in that? Some of them are more obvious than others, as you’ll see….
Top 20 Quotes I Manage to Use in Conversation
1) What is your major malfunction?
2) You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
3) It’s such a fine line between clever and stupid.
4) Think, McFly!
5) Yeah, that’d be great.
6) The suspense is terrible. I hope it lasts.
7) I’ll be with you in a moment, Mr. Peabody.
8 ) Lighten up, Francis.
9) It’s a joke, son. Don’t let ’em slip by you like that.
10) That’ll do, pig.
11) George, why must you torture the children?
12) It’s my only weakness.
14) That’s a pie crust promise. Easily made, easily broken.
15) Let’s not bicker about who killed who.
16) I close the iron door on you!
17) And two hard boiled eggs
18) That’s one of the tragedies of this life – that the men who are most in need of a beating up are always enormous.
19) That wasn’t love. That was just flapdoodle.
20) Conscience…that stuff can drive you nuts!
And a bonus list of quotes that are harder to use in every day life, but which I love.
1) Sometimes spaghetti just likes to be alone.
2) Not to spill blood. That is the law. Are we not men?
3) We thought you was a toad.
4) This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.
5) Son, you got a panty on your head.
6) I don’t want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don’t want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don’t want to do that.
7) We’re coming to get you, Barbara!
8 ) An’ I cayn’t stan’im!
9) Brothers don’t shake hands. Brothers gotta hug!
10) Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! Nobody!
I’d love to hear any of your favorite movie quotes, as well.
Bwahaha! You have some great ones here…I particularly like the last one. 🙂
that is one of son’s very favorites. Actually, we could have included about 10 different quotes from that movie.
1. Full Metal Jacket (?)
2. The Princess Bride
4. Back to the Future
6. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
11. Mary Poppins
13. A Christmas Story
14. Mary Poppins
3. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
10. Dodgeball (?)
Pretty obvious that I don’t get to watch very many movies……
Not bad, Jamie! Interesting that you got all of those great family movies – and “Full Metal Jacket”. 🙂
“We thought you was a toad” is also one of my favorites–especially in the right voice. We say “hello, McFly” instead of “think”. Hope you give us the answers.
One of my other favorites is “he doesn’t know whether to wind his butt or scratch his watch”
Hmmm….I’ve heard that line, I think, but I don’t know what it’s from? I’ll have to ask the other movie watchers in the house and see if any can id it.